MUA Matt lipstick review

So I popped into Superdrug and was having a butchers at the makeup stands and found myself looking at MUA. It's such an affordable brand and I have loved many of the products that I've tried such as there pressed powder and eyebrow kit. I found myself looking at there lipsticks and at only a pound each I couldn't resist to try a couple!

I pick up the shade lilac bell and the shade totally nude as I thought I'd try something I'd usually wear and something out of my comfort zone. I've never worn a purple lipstick before but I've got to say I rather liked it. I'm not gunna sugar coat this post the lipsticks were so cheap so the quality isn't going to exceptional.

First thing I noticed is there is a wide selection of colours in Matt and glossy. Nothing worse when you find a great lipstick and the rest of the shades are pants. They aren't very pigmented, although the colour is buildable. The nude lipstick is said to be a dupe of velvet teddy and I have to say it's not far off, the colour is very similar but the texture isn't so creamy.

The texture of the lipsticks are quite dry and almost chalky but if you prep your lips before application it won't be a problem. I suffer with dry lips and it wasn't too much of an issue.

I think these lipsticks are great if your just starting out with makeup and want to have a play around or for younger makeup lovers who just want to get there hands on proper makeup. To be honest you could make up a good starter makeup bag with MUA products at a very low cost.

Overall I think these lipsticks are good for the price and if your new to the makeup world I'd recommend you give them a try. I'm still a MAC lipstick girl but it's great to try new things!










Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.